CASA of Middlesex County
Part-Time Administrative Assistant
CASA of Middlesex County is a non-profit organization dedicated to serving abused and neglected children who are living in out-of-home placements. CASA recruits and trains volunteers to advise the courts and advocate for the children’s best interests.
The Administrative Assistant serves as the hub of all office activity. This individual must be highly productive, dedicated to producing excellent work and constantly alert to the functioning of the office. This position requires an individual who enjoys people and who will put the achievement of CASA’s mission first.
Schedule and Hours:
This position is 24 hours per week. Hours must be worked between 8am-6pm, Monday – Friday, at the hours chosen by the employee; hours cannot all be worked in three consecutive days. Occasional deviation from the planned schedule may be required.
The position pays $14/hour. Rate may be slightly higher depending on experience. We also provide 401K matching beginning after three months of employment and paid time off.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform varied clerical work (filing, copying, collating, fax, scan and upload, etc.)
- Create badges and business cards for volunteer Advocates as needed
- Open and distribute mail to appropriate personnel
- Produce outgoing correspondence, memoranda and other necessary paperwork for the Executive Director, as requested
- Ensure orderliness and organization of communal office space
Facilitating Internal and External Communications
- Prepare and disseminate agency communications such as the monthly newsletter, under the supervision of the Executive Director
- Administer the website (does not require prior knowledge)
- Assist with social media upkeep
- Coordinate and schedule meetings as needed
- Coordinate mailings
- Support preparations for organization’s events
- Enter data related to new cases into Optima, CASA’s client database
- Enter donation information and produce donation receipt letters from Little Green Light
- Produce quarterly letters to thank Advocates who have closed cases
Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Director
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree and/or significant related work experience
- Office assistant experience
- The ability to establish good working relationships with staff, Trustees, volunteers and professionals.
- Dedication to achieving results in a timely manner and producing excellent work.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- The ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work independently.
- Computer skills/knowledge – Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Little Green Light or other databases, social media, event software; portions of these skills may be learned on the job by a quick-learning candidate.
TO APPLY : Email a resume and cover letter to Stephanie Brown at email@example.com