CASA of NJ Board of Trustees
CASA of New Jsery, a thriving non-profit in Central New Jersey, seeks qualified board members for its state-level Board of Trustees.
CASA is a model public-private partnership, authorized by State Statute to help the Court and Child Welfare Systems ensure the best interests of children removed from home because of abuse or neglect. CASA performs a critical function on behalf of the State, helping the Department of Children and Families to ensure the safety, well-being, and permanency of children, while assisting the Judiciary in making the best decisions possible for them.
CASA of NJ provides statewide training, technical assistance, planning, advocacy, problem-solving, fundraising, and fiscal oversight for CASA affiliates in all 21 counties of NJ. In turn, CASA affiliates recruit, train, supervise, and coach nearly 1,800 advocates who provide an unbiased voice in court for over 3,660 of NJ’s most vulnerable children and teens.
The general duties and responsibilities of the Board of Trustees include but are not limited to:
- Strategic planning;
- Fundraising, including corporate, individual and foundations;
- Public relations and education;
- Support for the development of local programs;
- Development, adoption, and review of CASA of NJ’s policies and procedures;
- Fostering relationships with partner organizations;
- Ensuring CASA of NJ’s compliance with State Statutes, Court Rules, and other applicable regulations;
- Accountability of CASA of NJ to the National CASA Association;
- Oversight and evaluation of CASA of NJ’s executive director;
- Development of succession plans for both board and staff; and
- Establishing and maintaining fiscal oversight of CASA of NJ.
Please direct all inquiries to Angie Waters, interim Executive Director, CASA of NJ, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by calling: 609-695-9400, ext. 1.